Here is their list:
- Dads, don’t underestimate your influence on your daughters. Tell them they are beautiful before the culture convinces them otherwise.
- Moms, be aware of any distorted body image struggles, because your daughter learns lots about how to think about her body from you.
- Protect them as much as possible from exposure to content that is harmful.
- Learn about the media and pop-culture in your child’s life.
- Get beyond the “Just Say No” approach to culture.
- Make age-appropriate conversations an essential part of your relationship with your child.
- Encourage children to use art, play, and writing to process the images and other media messages they see.
- Counter the narrow stereotype of both boys and girls that are prevalent in media and commercial culture.
- Help them learn how to interpret and engage what they see and read in culture.
- Love them unconditionally. See them as a gift.
Ok, I'm back.