So Leilani sleeps through the night these days, but before going to bed, there are a checklist of items that now must be met before she goes to sleep. If any single one of these are missed and she is already bed, she will not rest until it gets resolved. These are:
- Hugs and kisses Mama
- Hugs and kisses Dadda
- Hugs and kisses Ezra
- Brushed teeth
- Water bottle
- JanJan blanket
- Blanket covering everything from the top of the neck down
- Food (The "I'm hungry" card)
- Head cannot be placed near the headboard, even by her own doing
- BearBear (needs to be present, though not necessarily next to her... could be on the floor)
- Prayer (she first, me second)
It's like a bedtime game of whack-a-mole. When she is down, and I'm tired, and I realize that one of those things haven't been done, I get that sinking feeling in my stomach. Despite my best attempts to rationalize or try to get her to forget, it never works. NEVER.
This girl knows what she wants. Joy. No, really.