March 9, 2013

Happy New Year

Yes, the last time I posted about anything meaningful on this blog was last summer. The good thing is that it is now still technically winter, so I only failed to post for a single season of the year. And, while it was technically summer, it was the dawn of a new school year so that means it really was more fall than winter. So, yeah. There hasn't been a single season, therefore, I haven't posted.

Ok, I just calculated (on a website, not on a calculator) that it has actually been 216 days since my last post. Wow. That feels like a long time.

A lot of life has happened in those 216 days.

So for those of who who were whining for an update (Mr. Tamil Memphis Tiger), here it is. I have a bit more time to post things nowadays so I will probably might post more regularly. At least before another 216 days have passed. We'll see.

So in a quick, social media friendly, roundup, here are some highlights since my last post. Sorry for not updating, both for your sake and mine. Here are some things in no particular order.


  • Ruth is pregnant. We are expecting kid number 2 (named Ezra) to arrive sometime on or around April 4. Ruth is hoping for NOW.
  • We've been in Memphis since last May, with a trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas in September, and a trip back to DC for Christmas. I took a MTR trip to New Orleans in January.
  • Teaching at an urban elementary school is a tough job.
  • Our first Thanksgiving away from DC area family was really nice.
  • Memphis is warm. Winters aren't as cold as DC, but cold enough. I wore my coat twice. (I should have worn it more.)
  • We have made some excellent friends.
  • We have found a church to regularly attend. I am it's Mayor on Foursquare.
  • There has been some tweaking to the Memphis mission that has brought us here.
  • Getting to know Ruth's family who lives out here has been great.
  • Leilani has become a deeper sleeper thanks to obnoxious train whistles. She once woke up every time a train came by. Now she sleeps through it all.
  • Sweet tea is on the menu everywhere here. Not only at McDonald's and Chick-fil-A. Or Uno's.
  • I am one class (project) away from M.U.Ed.
  • My residency finds me at a new school for the past 2 weeks.
  • I am going to attempt to make funnel cakes when some friends come over for dinner tonight.
Well, that's all for now. I wonder what will happen to my blog when I hit "Publish." Hopefully you can read this and it didn't crumble in a pile of ash.

No comments: