Ok, I just calculated (on a website, not on a calculator) that it has actually been 216 days since my last post. Wow. That feels like a long time.
A lot of life has happened in those 216 days.
So for those of who who were whining for an update (Mr.
So in a quick, social media friendly, roundup, here are some highlights since my last post. Sorry for not updating, both for your sake and mine. Here are some things in no particular order.
- Ruth is pregnant. We are expecting kid number 2 (named Ezra) to arrive sometime on or around April 4. Ruth is hoping for NOW.
- We've been in Memphis since last May, with a trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas in September, and a trip back to DC for Christmas. I took a MTR trip to New Orleans in January.
- Teaching at an urban elementary school is a tough job.
- Our first Thanksgiving away from DC area family was really nice.
- Memphis is warm. Winters aren't as cold as DC, but cold enough. I wore my coat twice. (I should have worn it more.)
- We have made some excellent friends.
- We have found a church to regularly attend. I am it's Mayor on Foursquare.
- There has been some tweaking to the Memphis mission that has brought us here.
- Getting to know Ruth's family who lives out here has been great.
- Leilani has become a deeper sleeper thanks to obnoxious train whistles. She once woke up every time a train came by. Now she sleeps through it all.
- Sweet tea is on the menu everywhere here. Not only at McDonald's and Chick-fil-A. Or Uno's.
- I am one class (project) away from M.U.Ed.
- My residency finds me at a new school for the past 2 weeks.
- I am going to attempt to make funnel cakes when some friends come over for dinner tonight.
Well, that's all for now. I wonder what will happen to my blog when I hit "Publish." Hopefully you can read this and it didn't crumble in a pile of ash.