December 12, 2006

So Whats New?

So in between the time I revived this blog this morning until now, things have changed. I thought I'd so a simple overhaul of format and then start blogging anew. However, after updating a few links on here I remembered the labor I put forth in creating version 2.0 of this blog with the dark blue background and a homemade (obviously.. using MS paint back when I had Windows) trying to perfectly match the HTML color code. So in honor of those previous efforts, this blog will continue as version 2.1 instead of 3.0. I will slooooowly make changes. Also, because I really don't have time for this (major overhaul) for reasons I'll explain below.

In the year that has passed, I still work full-time for the American Pharmacists Association in Washington, DC. However, now I also am in school full-time. Somehow surviving thus far. My first semester ends this week. And I'll be off for two weeks. I can't wait. My schooling takes place via distance learning through Liberty University. I am working on my Masters of Divinity.

(When rereading old posts, I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized my animosity towards leaders of the religious right were directed at Pat Robertson, and not president of my school, Jerry Falwell.)

So, a preview of version 2.1 of Ears to My Music? I'll probably yap about sports at my alma mater, the University of Maryland where I majored in government and politics. Accordingly, political issues will also be discussed, and threats to vote for my electoral picks made. I live in Maryland, so I'm sure state issues will come up. I love the Washington Redskins, so they'll get some air time. Plenty of assorted rants. Mostly though, I'll probably talk about this two and a half year journey I'm on, through school trying to get some good God stuff in me.

The Links -

The first update I've made to the site is to include links to two blogs that I find to be particularly excellent. One is by a good friend from high school. Another, by this guy who I don't even know, who I sing with all the time. Although, luckily he isn't there when it happens.

The Journey - My friend is launching into a new direction in her life where she wants to become a full time fine artist whose work points people to the Word of God. Her drawings are amazing. She has new stuff regularly, which is nice for a blog... ahem. You can watch her progress right before your eyes.

SHLOG
- Shaun Groves is great. He is a musician, teaches a young adult group at his church, and writes really well. I check out his blog every day when I'm at work. So many different topics. He recently redid his website and moved his blog site. And today he "begged" for links to the new blog because I guess people are still linked up to his old one. The timing worked out well. Check him out. Oh, and he loves me, too, by the way. Check this out.

So yeah, I have this 15 page paper due on Sunday that I need to get started on. Oh yeah, and two exams. And too many lectures and readings to do. And they say school isn't fun...

I'll probably do a "best of" ETMM 1.0/2.0 at some point soon. Or better yet, check out my old posts for yourself. There's plenty of good stuff back there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Ryan. I did not know that you had a blog. I will add your link to my blog (and I will check in daily too ;).